Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's all over for me

On Friday night I had the unpleasant experience of spending time with The Woman Who Knows Everything (TWWKE or Tweekie).

The discussion rolled around to someone’s sister who is 21 and not interested in getting married. Not surprisingly, Tweekies advise to this young woman was "Get a man and get married before you are 30, because after that it is too late!"

Seriously. She said that. With unmarried, 31 year old me sitting not four feet away from her.
So alas, my friends, it is too late for me. I am useless, destined to be on the shelf forever, passed my sell-by date. I may as well leave this cruel world, no man will ever want me (weep weep!)


And to all you young ‘uns out there. Please, for the love of all that is good, find a man NOW. Marry him IMMEDIATELY. Use threats, use force, just please, get him to agree to marry you. It does not matter whether you love him or not. It does not matter if you are happy or not. It only matters that you are married before you are 30!

You might end up like me if you don’t. Financially, emotionally and physically independent. Home Owner. Car Owner.


Only 24 working hours left. 1440 minutes. 86400 seconds.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kerryn, she is talking rubish! Ignore her! (Coming from a married 23 year old) hee hee, only joking!

Kerryn said...

Lol, Natalie.
She is so ridiculous!
Getting married young is right for some people, but not right for others.
Imagine what a boring world this would be if we were all EXACTLY the same!

SheBee said...

No, I think she's right. Best you learn how to knit. Hahaha. Only joking.

What a silly cow.

AngelConradie said...

oh my friggin word- it was my aunt wasn't it!!?!
i have an aunt tweekie, and she will tell you you do not get enough vitamins, that you eat wrong, do not exercise enough, should be living on a farm like she does coz suburban slash city life is so completely kak and and and...
all the while eating like a horse and sipping on boxed wine... whilst having a house staff of two who do everything from weeding the garden to the dishes!!!