Monday, October 15, 2007

Entry the Eighth - All I want for Christmas . . .

Being in the position of not needing a man. Financially, emotionally or physically. I, however, wouldn’t mind having someone around to be my plus 1, or to argue with me about which super hero would win in a battle of super heroes.

So seeing as I can afford to be a little picky, I have compiled a list of non-negotiables.

  • Ciara will always come first. Always. I am not a perfect parent, and she is not a perfect child. Disagreements or ‘problems’ will be brought to my attention and discussed in a calm and tactful way. There will be no accusing, insinuation or demanding. If that happens - the door is the long rectangular thing with the handle - See Ya!

  • Looks are less important than personality. Although there must be a mutual physical attraction. I am no super model, but I expect you to be. Har Har just kidding. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

  • You must have a personality. An identity free of peer pressure or work commitments or what your mom says. I expect you to state your beliefs with strength. However, things change, especially one’s perspective. Be prepared to listen to differing opinions and often agree to disagree. Your opinion is not the only opinion.

  • You must be at least as intelligent as me. I don’t plan to dumb myself down ever again. I don’t do it for Ciara, so don’t expect me to do it for you. I am reasonably intelligent, although somewhat of a absent minded dork :-)

  • You may not take yourself uber seriously. I am the worst "laugh at others" person - ever (if it’s funny I mean.) I laugh just as heartily at myself - often. If I laugh at you, don't be offended. Take it in the lighthearted way it was intended. A kick-ass sense of humour is a total must. I don’t do serious and brooding very well.

  • I don’t do the whole cooking and cleaning thing. That is why they have Woolies and Sara. So that I don’t have to do it. If you are looking for someone to be your housekeeper / nanny / personal cook / general dogsbody, I am not your girl.

  • Buying me flowers or gifts when it is not my birthday or Christmas makes me feel weird. I don’t like it - don’t do it.

  • I don’t do the whole "Romantic Night Out". Lets just grab some burgers and spend the night shaking our booties*. That's a lot more fun, really.

  • I don’t hint, insinuate or try to make you guess when something is bothering me. Don’t do it to me.

  • Technically minded is a preference, but not a must. I don’t get artsy-fartsy, so I don’t see much in the way of general conversation. But whatever.

Well, that's it. Not to much to ask for. Surely there is someone out there for me?

* This can mean whatever you want it to, baby!

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What's it with you ladies and your lists. This is now the third one this week.

I must say though, I probably score the highest on yours - LOL

Should I send my CV?

lordwiggly said...

I think that chronologically Kerryn was first, then KaBs, then Shebee. The last two were related but I think Kerryn deserves the patent.

Kerryn said...

Glug - All CV's welcome. Please send with a quality photograph and at least three references ;-)

LW - Yup, I think I was first this time. But I'm pretty sure Shebee did one some time ago too . . . Not sure about KaBs though.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.