Thursday, November 22, 2007

One of the many, many reasons I love my baby

I'm not really one of those "oh listen to the cute thing my kid did" kind of bloggers. I can talk incessantly about her for hours, believe me, and sometimes I do, but not here.


However, this story is so Ciara. She is six (seven in Jan), and still very, very six. She has lots of time to grow up.


I fetch her from aftercare and she is literally BOUNCING with excitement at the tale she has to tell me.

C: "Mom, guess what happened today!!! Giancarlo said the 'F' word!!!!"

Me : "He didn't!!!!" I always say this to express shock and amazement, not to express disbelief. I'm crazy like that.

C: "And we told on to Mrs. T"

Me : "Good, that's a naughty thing to say, and kids really shouldn't be saying that word."


So, the story is told. I'm thinking about what to buy at woolies for dinner, and which way home will get me stuck in the least amount of traffic. Then about five minutes later :


C : "Mom?"

Me : "Yes sugar lump?"

C : "Whats the 'F' word?"


I can only imagine that she had been racking her brain all day about what possible word starting with 'F' could make everyone react so shocked.


She is so amazingly sweet, and innocent, and naive, just the way a kid should be.


I love her for so many reasons, and this is just one of them.


You rock my angel!

3 comments:

Champagne Heathen said...

HA HA!

And what did you reply to that??

lordwiggly said...

Ja Kerryn, how did you reply?

Kerryn said...

CH & LW : Lol, I told her that it rhymes with Duck but starts with an F. She eventually figured it out, but seriously didn't understand what all the fuss was about :-)