Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.

Erm, well yeah.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I think I've done all the forgiving I'm going to do about the past. I don't like to hold on to painful things, so I do tend to 'forgive' and let stuff go. The most difficult (by far) is forgiving my dad.

My mom left when I was only four, so I don't really remember having a dad in my life. And he never really made an effort to be an awesome dad. I love my dad, and I'm sure that he loves me. But we don't have anything in common, and he's really not all that interested in my life. I've let it go for the most part, but I'd be a liar if I said it didn't still hurt sometimes.
As a kid it wasn't my responsibility to form a relationship with him, and as an adult I've not really made any efforts, after all how do you make someone want a real relationship with you?

I see people around me with really spectacular relationships with their dads, and I'm very envious, and a little sad that I never had that.

I don't think that I can forgive him any further. I've forgiven as far as I am capable of doing. I've let go of the hurt as much as I can let go of the hurt. What's left just has to be dealt with *shrug*

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

I'm with you on letting go rather than forgiving...