Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you badly.

I do know that people have treated me badly in my life, but I've honestly forgotten most of it.

One thing that really changed my life though was my experience with "The Church" and "Christians".

I'll start off with a little disclaimer that I am a Christian and I worship God/Jesus and I believe that I am exponentially blessed. My experience with the Lord is personal, it's mine and I really don't feel like I have to justify it to anyone. But the worst experience I have ever had in my life has been with so called Christians. The type of "Christians" who only use the bible to sprout hate and intolerance. I won't go any further into this, as anyone who happens to read this will know of whom I speak.

When I fell pregnant with Ciara (out of wedlock), it was not planned. I was scared, and overwhelmed. When Ciara was born, I was told that I had to apologise to God or both she and I would go to hell.

My relationship with organised religion was tenuous at best at that time, and that was the straw that broke the camels back. Fuck 'em. I will NEVER apologise to ANYONE for the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I am still a Christian and I still love God, but I think that these people are the reason for the shortest sentence in the bible.

"Jesus Wept".

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

Those people, the ones who beat you over the head with their bibles, those are the ones who give the Christians who truly live by the tenets of their faith a bad name.
I am sorry you got burned.